- Type House
- Rent Type Entire home
- Bathroom 2 Bathroom
- Bedrooms 2 Bedrooms
- Guest 4Peoples
- Meal 3 Meals & Drink
Homestay Relau is a small village uniquely located in Kedah but is only a stone's throw away from both Penang and Northern Perak. Surrounded by lush green hills with unspoiled natural beauty, it has an extra edge over other rural locations of Kedah. Enjoy the invigorating environment with the company of a warm and friendly foster family, as well as whet your appetite at the numerous orchards which provides a variety of fruits such as durian, mangosteen, langsat, and cempedak.
In Malaysia, batik cloth is widely used, especially in the fashion area. The process of waxing and coloring fabric is known as 'batiking'. In this way, batik is a material that is traditionally made by utilizing a manual wax-oppose coloring system.
There are many Malaysian traditional games that you can play when you decide to enjoy this package;
– One of the most famous traditional games in Malaysia.
It is a game of mathematics played by womenfolk in ancient times.
To play it, you must have congkak board and guli (marble)
• Tarik Upih
– It is a game of speed. A team consists of a person seated on the upih
(flower sheath of nibong palm) and another person who pulls it.
• Boling kelapa
– It is a modified version of the real bowling game.
Coconut is used as the ball and plastic bottles are used as the pins.
Pounding the rice
Pounding the rice allows the seeds to be released from their husks. Rice is pounded using a traditional wooden ‘lesung’. Guests can grab the opportunity to experience this exclusive activity that you wouldn’t get elsewhere other than in homestays!
There are many industrial activities to visit in the village.
• Rubber Tapping – It is a process by which latex is collected from a rubber tree. Guests can try to tap the rubber with the guidance from the villagers/homestay organisers. Don’t miss this one in a lifetime opportunity!
• Visit the village’s small and medium industries – Learn how to make chips, frozen food, traditional food and many more!
• Madu Kelulut (Stingless bee honey) - For centuries honey is known to be the enemy of diseases. The health benefits of eating stingless bee honey regularly include anti-ageing, enhanced libido and immune system, fighting bacteria and treating bronchial catarrh, sore throat, coughs and colds. Grab your opportunity to observe the bee farm with your own eyes!
$ 42.34 / per night (for person)
Cancellation PolicyModerate: Full refund 5 days prior to arrival
- Homestay Kampung Relau,Kedah,Malaysia Directions
- Air Condition
- Free Parking
- Suitable for children (2-12)
- Suitable for infants (under 2)